Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

I get this feeling in my head, it's like there's pressure...

User Profile
Lately I get this feeling in my head, it's like there's pressure all over my head inside, I feel quite dizzy, my minds racing, I speak my thoughts, completely random things etc, It's been interfering with my Artwork at college this week, I have to walk around when I feel like this, I feel buzzing basically. It's like i close my eyes and try to relax and I can't, and it just goes on for like half an hour max then I get migraines over my head. Does anyone experience this, Is this a symptom of Bipolar?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2012
That doesn't sound like a Bipolar symptom. It sounds more like a beggining sign of skitsofrenia. You should probably go see your doctor and tell them about it. I hope you figure it out! Goodluck!
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2012
Thanks I appreciate your answer, It's kind of becoming a concern to me because Bipolar runs in my family and I recently went through a bad phase of depression, I think I might see the doctor about this if it gets worse, however I do feel in a good mood at the moment. Thanks
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2012
I actually have Bi-polar Disorder. So I figured I'd try to help you out, no problem. Goodluck Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2012
I am bi-polar also and have had similar symptoms of pressure in my head and talking about random stuff. I also have had racing thoughts and pressured speech... However, I do agree with KSLondon. You would be best talking to your GP about this some more. If you want to talk a little more beforehand though message me as I am also a mental health professional. Take care.
|

replied April 12th, 2012
Bipolar and schizophrenia share a lot of symptoms...

Severe manifestations of bpd, schizophrenia and even drug psychosis look identical til EEGs and an MRI are done over several days.

Drug abuse can be seen in an MRI, the others to a lesser degree, but the EEG is definitive.

I'm not a doctor but have been through a lot with my fiance so have learned a lot. She was diagnosed at one point or another with all three of these. Turned out to be manic delirium, aka severe Bipolar I.

She did abuse drugs too (percoset in particular) but drug abuse was a comorbid condition with the bipolar (and later manic delirium) and didn't cause it. However all of it put together made it difficult to diagnose her correctly.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...