Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Immune Disorders Forum

i fit the criteria for so many conditions...

User Profile
Hi there, I'm trying to get to the bottom of a myriad of symptoms which have crept up on me over a few years, now noticeably detracting from my work and social life.

Known (diagnosed) conditions
Severe food allergies to various nuts, seafood, eggs and pulses
Flat feet

Undiagnosed symptoms
Extreme variation in energy levels
Bloating and flatulence with intermittent loose stools
Extreme mood swings and unstable self-esteem
Poor concentration and memory
Severe hunger, sometimes with shakeyness, not long after a good meal
Very poor circulation to hands
Persistent splinter hemorrhages in both thumb nails
Palpitations and heavy heart beat
Unrefreshing sleep
I stay skinny despite a big appetite
Ankle and knee pain (presumably as a result of bad gait)

I'm finding it difficult and frustrating trying to get to the bottom of this, even with a doctor's assistance. Some symptoms may be unrelated, I realise. Since I seem to fit the criteria for so many conditions, I don't know where to start.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2014
Immune Disorders Answer A46892
Welcome to e health forum.

The information provided here is only for education and should not be used in any form to consider it as a medical diagnosis. Exact medical diagnosis and treatment options should be sought from your primary care provider who can examine you and advice you accordingly.

The constellation of symptoms mentioned in the history indicate the possibility of a thyroid disorder. Most likely a Hyperthyroid state.

It would be recommended for you to consult your primary doctor, who can advice a few blood tests including thyroid functions tests, which can help diagnose your condition.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Immune Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.