Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

i feel someone is shaking the bed?

User Profile
I cant get to sleep at night because i feel like someone sits down next to me soon as i start falling asleep so i keep trying and i only get 3hrs and 10mins sleep each night and sometimes i feel although someone is shaking the bed from underneath. What advice would you give me?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2011
Sleep Disorders Answer A27797

Welcome to ehealthforum

You seem to be suffering from sleep disorder and being at such a young age I would recommend you some measures which would help in better sleep and improved patterns.
It is not advisable to take any medication since they are habit forming and you can easily do some changes for better sleep.
1)Keep a regular sleep schedule including weekends as it disturbs internal body clock.
2)Set aside at least 7 to 8 hours for sleep.
3)Check that your bedroom is dark and use an eye mask to shiled the eyes.
4)Exercise regularly which helps in improving circulation and reducing stress.
5)Turn off tv,computers,phone etc before sleep.
6)If you are scared you can sleep along with any family member for sometime.
7)Consider doing meditation which really helps in improving sleep pattern.
If all these things do not help consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.
Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.