Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I feel so alone and sad. I don't know what to do. (Page 1)

....I have never commented on a forum before but I have been feeling really upset recently. For the past month and a half I have been feeling unmotivated to do anything like going out, activities etc but in the past 2 weeks. I have got worse. I am constantly crying and when I am at work I have to try so hard not to cry. I feel so empty and most of the time I can't be bothered to get out my bed. I feel like I don't have any friends and that is making me feel so miserable. I just sit at home most of the time and cry. I don't have anyone to talk to and even if I did I don't think anyone would understand. I know I should go out, get some exercise as that makes you happy but I can't get the motivation to do any of these things. I am 23 and I just feel so alone and sad. I have never had a relationship with a man and that gets me down as well. I just don't what I am doing wrong to feel so alone. I don't know what I can do to make me feel better. I know people will suggest going to the doctors and going on medication but I don't believe that will work.
Sorry if I sound so miserable..
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile sunofsorrow
|
Users who thank EllieJayJay for this post: guest55346 

replied July 8th, 2012
I am 23 and i am going through the exact same thing myself. i just posted my own question here a few mins back and now that i am seeing yours, i feel like u are going through the same feeling of lonliness yourself. If you want a friend, maybe we could be penpals. Please dont think i am a freak, i am just looking for somebody i could help and get help from and make friends.
|

replied April 18th, 2013
im 14 in school i am sad and i cant even think strate i need some one to talk to im depressed
|

replied June 14th, 2013
I am 16 and feeling the same perhaps we could chat
|

replied July 2nd, 2013
Same thing and I am 15. Usually I am satisfied and normal but for the last 8-9 months I feel life the world is turned upside down for me. I try so hard to have success like study and work hard but fail to find motivation. Sometimes I felt so bad that I didn't want to go to school and consider giving up. But during the school year, I was usually ok. But this summer break has been miserable. I do volunteer and some stuff but feel like no one cares about me. I hang out with friends but the past week I feel like they turned their backs on me. Also I play sports but for the past couple of weeks, I find no motivation to practice and do homework. Sometimes I stay home all day by my self and find it so lonely I want to just give up.recently my mom went on a business trip and she is the reason I carry on and I feel like she is the only one who cares for me and understands. When I reflect on my situation I'm in now I even cry. Just feel like giving up
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2014
Do you want to be my friend? I am alone and i really need a friend.
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2014
I need someone to talk to. Maybe we can be friends.
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2012
Experienced User
Hey I can relate to you both I posted my own topic about this on a another forum if either of you want to chat please feel free to message me anytime

Take care
|

replied July 8th, 2012
Feeling alone is one of the worst things anyone can go through. I spend a lot of time working and that is the only thing keeping me together right now. When I go home or out with friends I still feel very alone. It is now to the point I get very depressed and when I try to talk to someone about it they automatically change the subject. I try to keep things together the best as I can and I am hoping I will find someone like us to talk to. It looks like we all have the same problem and need to talk things out. It could not hurt to try.
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2012
Experienced User
I just wish I could find someone who would understand this loneliness I work all the time aswell if I didn't I think I would go nuts so it's just the social aspect that's a problem I sometimes I feel isolated around my family that's difficult to be on edge all the time
|

replied July 9th, 2012
I can relate! I'm also 23 and I feel alone and sad and I've no one to talk to. I don't have any friends. I'm close to my parents, especially my mum, but there's only so much I can tell her. Plus she wouldn't understand if I told her how lonely I sometimes feel. Sometimes I just break down and cry for no reason, but only at home when no one's around. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep. I have no motivation either. I failed Law School three times. And the second time made me lost all motivation that I didn't study, hence why I failed the third time. I feel like a failure. I feel like I have no purpose and sometimes I just want to die.

I've never had a boyfriend or been in a girl friend boyfriend relationship and sometimes I think what it will be like to have a boyfriend. And sometimes I kind of want to experience that. Then I think how no one would like me and they'll think that I'm a failure and stupid and all. Ugh I just feel so lonely and sad, I wonder if it's even normal. I'm not happy to live, like sometimes I wish I'll just die. And ugh I just hate this! Sorry for the rant, but omg I had to Sad
|

replied July 14th, 2012
Feelings like you describe are not REAL.. Sometimes we just get plain old disgusted with ourselves. Unfortunately, if someone tells you it isn't "normal" they lie!
Billions of people have those feelings. Those are the ones you F I G HT all the time.

You MAKE yourself walk around the block and smile at everyone you meet. That is step number one my friend! I hate to be blunt but my family suffers from self abuse too. We all have to find a way to turn away from those feelings and the first step to self improvement is through self improvement
! It can easily be the result of vitamin D deficiencies . Go out and sit in the sun for 20 mins and come back in and tell me about the sounds you heard! Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2012
Actually, I think that Love After Getting Married is better than pre-marital love.
|

replied July 13th, 2012
Hey thanks for all the replies, its a shame that there are a few of us who feel like this. The past week I have tried to do as much activities as possble but the lonliness creeps in from time to time especially in the evenings. Lonelygirl dont worry about the rant, in fact I can totally relate to most of the stuff you have said. Most people at my age are in relationships and how I think I would like that experience but don't think anyone must like if i feel so alone. I hope we all feel better soon but its hard.
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2012
I completely understand when you say you have no one to talk to nor will anyone understand. I am going through the same thing right now. Thank you for posting this, it is a comfort to know that you're not alone, in this sense. Smile
|

replied July 14th, 2012
.... I will not sound original at at... but "same here"!
I'm so down I just wishh I'd never existed... I want to disapear, distroy myself, but i can't do that to my family...
So I kept pretending for years... but I can't anymore...
It hurts to much to live! Why am I here?!
If there is a point of living... what's the point of living on so much pain?!
Maybe we can help eachother, coz I have no one to turn to anymore...
|

replied July 15th, 2012
I understand completely what you're going through. I'm only 15 though.

I break down crying all the time. It gets rough sometimes.

It's crazy that in a world full of so many people, that some of us just feel so alone. It just hurts so much. I just need onee person that will show that they care maybe just a little more than I do. I can tolerate solitude, but sometimes it hurts too much.
|

replied September 16th, 2012
I can relate to all of u.. here i am searching lonely articles just to feel better, every day day is like hell for me.. i bet even hell feels better, i cant cope anymore with my life.. im just trying my hardest to, like when u feel u cant be bothered doing anything but u need to.. i just hate it.. ive skipped 5 classes of my college class and here i am not going tomorrow as i just cant bring myself to. Its nuts, ive lost so many friends.. i dont have facebook.. my only true friend is my mum.. i have a brother but he only cares about himself and his friends, my dad is old and boring.. and i do have a friend but she doesn't really care less bout me.. she has her own life.. i know it sucks.. sometimes real pain feels better.. i dont know how im gona cope with this for any longer, im just hoping that one day something good will happen, it sucks to cuz im a good looking girl but no one even knows i exist and guys just wana use me.. im just waiting to go over seas and visit my relatives.. i might get facebook then and catch up with some people. im just hangin on by a thread Sad honestly without my mum i would either hang myself or jump of a building. social anxiety doesnt make it any better. Sad
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2012
I feel so alone as well I feel I am useless in this life.
|

replied October 25th, 2012
I too feel alone and right now I am reaching bottom. I need someone to talk to and no one will.
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2013
I completely understand what you mean ...
contact me please, we have alot of feeling in common to talk about.
|

replied November 2nd, 2012
alone
I feel really alone right now too. Depression runs in my family and this year, i've been really depressed. I also feel like all my friends are drifting away and not wanting anything to do with me.
|

replied November 7th, 2012
Hi y'all..

as you might guess, right now, i'm feeling so alone Sad found this forum, and was surprised to see so many feeling the same way. I just wonder.. if love is the answer to this? if not, what is?
|

replied November 12th, 2012
hey same here..i've been feeling this for quite some time now and im trying to figure out what to do because most of us probably know what it really felt like and how we hate this feeling.

I'm trying to figure things out slowly, share your thoughts if you're able to overcome things. Sometimes it's hard to think outside the box and it helps a lot if we support each other once in awhile. I'm positive we can all overcome this phase of our life Smile
|

replied November 15th, 2012
Being alone is the number one cause to depression. Of course you/we feel alone all the time. So the number one cure would be to have someone around. And it's one of the hardest things to get. Friends "in name" (that's how we call it here) equals ZERO. They talk to you only when they need something. They are everywhere. True friends are like diamonds, very hard to get. Usually, family is not enough to help you overcome depression. Life without at least a friend is sad. Most of us probably know how it feels.
But what is even worse, is to lose your will to live.
Unfortunately, we can only post a few words here, we can't really help. But if anyone wants to talk about anything, feel free to PM anytime.
|

replied November 15th, 2012
Depression
Hey.It's so weird to read this, as if it comes from your own mind. I never accepted that I had or have a depression.And hey, I'm 23 too, it's difficult year I guess, maybe it's related with studies,choosing lifestyle etc. I don't know. I never hurt myself. but I had all the other symptoms for more than a year.Well my parents are divorced and both depressed, my closest people left our country, all of them. I stayed here because I didn;t want to leave my parents.And I might sound easy talking, but that loneliness, when you have nobody for you and remembering you had everything, it was.. it was hard. Every single day for a long period of time I was near of becoming crazy.That involved feeling like you want to scream all the time, crying everytime you'r being alone, wanting to be alone, praying God for help to live or better for help to die. Sitting for hours at night time staring at something, than cry again. I mean I could go on and on. I just want to say, that some people might think it's easier to have some person by your side, but I don't think that would help, I never told anyone who I truely was. And everyone knew me a bit less talky, more often tired, well LAZY girl. I didn't care. Nobody seemed interesting. Nothing made me feel good, eveything was boring. And at that time I was always waking up with guilt that I, this hollow person, egsist.Anyway, I wish I could help each of you.I don't know if I passed it, or it's apathy or smth else, but I feel just calm for some time now,no tears,no freaking out. I feel weird, like:it's ok, we'll see what's next.All what you wrote, reminds me of what I came through, it is truely sad. Nobody in this world should feel lonely, cause it's worst, and even worse when you feel like this, when you'r not alone.I understand you. I do.One tip, I read a book while going through it "Melancholy rooms"by Karin Johannissen.It helped on some level, because it made me see myself more clear. Don;t give up, breath and try to see yourself happy.
|

replied November 16th, 2012
esh, you say " I just want to say, that some people might think it's easier to have some person by your side, but I don't think that would help, I never told anyone who I truly was." I consider people are made to be together, they are not meant to be alone. Not talking about couples only but having someone close to you in general. You think or you lie to yourself or maybe you just got used to it that having a person by your side won't help. You are wrong. Having a person by your side helps you pass through all hardships, that's what i believe. You never told anyone who you truly are, you can't even imagine how it would be if there was such a person to see who you really are and understands you. People are still mysterious beings, we can't fully understand ourselves. You say you want to help others if you could. When you help someone, you feel good. That person feels good. Now imagine if someone else helps you. You'd feel good. That's the meaning of having someone by your side.
|

replied November 19th, 2012
depression
KurOnenkO, I don;t think anybody will know who we realy are, the most of our thoughts, feelings and ideas stays in our head. I'm not saying, that someone with depression should stay alone. I agree, we need people around. People are made to interact, but I think, that people can't help you with this feeling you have. No matter what words they use, it won't help. It's you, who will do that. Everything depends on how you see things. So you got in depression, you will or will not get out of it. Well, I might sound like I know this better. I don't, but I am talking from my point of view.
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2012
Hey guys i do feel certain things that have been mentioned by quiet few people... though i am good at academics and hang out with friends frequently i feel so lifeless and so low about myself. I have a best friend who couldn't really understand what i was going through when explained but still cheered me up for not feeling bad about myself. I have lost interest in all the stuff that i had been involved with, have lost interest all the goals and ambitions that was set by me. Everyone said life changes after turning 18, i was excited but never thought it would become this miserable SadSad I badly want to get out of this feeling and when i try i end up crying, crying to sleep at times...
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....