Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I feel so alone and empty yet i have a family

Iv been with my partner for just over 2 years he is disabled with a lower leg a amputation and bad knee on the same leg, we have an 11 month old son and a 15 year old step son, i have everything to live for but i feel sooo lonely and empty, i cant see anything in my future, the only thing keeping me going is my son.
i am already on antidepressants and seeing a mental health nurse but after 4 months of this i still feel lost, confused and anxious,
iv suffered depression since i was 14 and i am now 23.
i dont no why im writing this i think im just hoping some 1 will enlighten me or something.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2014
Community Volunteer
Hi Marti18....When you get down get out and talk with some of your friends...Don't concentrate on any problems...You also may be having post-partum from having the baby...You may want to see your doctor and get some medication to help you out...Take care...

Caroline...
|

replied February 11th, 2014
thanks caroline,
im already on antidepressants and diazapam an have been for about 4 months, im also seeing a mental health nurse.
im just struggling to understand what causing it.
i find it really hard to talk to people which is partly the problem.
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2014
Community Volunteer
Honey, write when you are bothered...In the meantime try and find something that keeps you happy...Like a hobby or joining a church group...Don't dwell on the negative and think of your baby boy....I know sometimes things can get tough, but then think of the next day and it being better...Good luck and take care...

Caroline..
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....