Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

I feel pain in my spleen, since the drop of a mass

User Profile
It started when I could feel my spleen when I walked. I thought I had mono, so I went to a general stat care. She felt a mass on my spleen but I didn't have mono. She ordered a CT scan of the area. As I was waiting for the results, I was sleeping one night and my left side of my abdomen when numb and cold and I physically felt something 'drop'. I went to the doctor a few days later and sure enough whatever it is (the CT scan revealed nothing) had dropped to the lower part, right under my last rib. I have also been feeling extreme fatigue and constant nausea. I have PCOS, so I do currently have cysts on my ovaries and fluid in my pelvis. Also back pain, but my CT scan showed a deformity I was born with in my 5th vertebra. All of my blood work has come back normal. Im getting tested for thyroid and liver function. Kidney came back OK and Spleen is not enlarged. Ever since the drop I have been feeling pain in my spleen even though there was NOT pain before.

What could this be?!?! :(

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2012
Abdominal Pain Answer A39341
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

The symptoms described by you could be due to:
1)Gall bladder disease- can be stones or cholecystitis. An examination by ultrasound scan will help in diagnosis.

2)Myositis or muscle pull due to overuse of muscles. Mild antiinflammatory drugs and hot fomentation will help you.

3)Peptic ulcer disease or Hiatal hernia. Diagnosis can be confirmed by upper GI endoscopy.

4)Bloating due to excessive gas, GERD. The simple measures that are likely to help you are-
1.Certain foods, such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts and legumes (beans) may worsen bloating and gassiness.
2.Dietary fiber may lessen symptoms.You should drink plenty of water, and avoid soda, which may cause gas and abdominal discomfort.
3.You can use some over the counter drugs like pepto bismol or tums for symptomatic relief.

Consider visiting a Gastroenterologist for detailed evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.