Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

I feel as if I have a uti after sex, Burning, bleeding...

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
For the past year every time me and my husband have sex, a day or two later I feel as if I have a uti. Burning,bleeding, and peeing often but only a drop. Any help?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2012
Sexual Health - Women Answer A30930
Welcome to ehealthforum.
You could be having urethritis or vaginal infection. Due to close proximity of female urethra to vagina, it gets easily infected, and irritated after intercourse. If the symptoms are persistent, and occurs each time you have intercourse, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for examination, vaginal swab/smear test, urine analysis to look for the causative agent. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. If infective cause is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment to prevent chances of re-infection. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.