Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I Feel alone please help!

hey DOES anyone want to inbox me?

Does anyone feel alone.. I sure do on a daily basis these days...

I don't know what to do anymore.. i'm self-medicating with food and I can't take it anymore..

My bestfriends all failed me.. and i've become distant with a few other friends.. I can't confide in them anymore.

My family is here everyday, but I still feel alone.. I hate my friends.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2012
Get to the doctor and show them your post. Do it tomorrow first thing as an urgent appointment. You can and will feel better. It has happened before. Remember? Remember when you have felt good before and you have marvelled at how you could ever have felt like this. You only feel like this at the moment, you are overwhelmed by too much stuff. If you were suddenly on a beach with a soft warm breeze and gentle sunshine you would not feel the same....try it. It's worth it!!
|
Users who thank doit for this post: pandaa 

User Profile
Maybe you're taking things too seriously and are overwhelmed by the things that has been happening to you lately -- whatever that may be. Try to take a break, go on a vacation away from the bustling city life. Just to give you a different view, feel and ambiance. or you can also seek the help of your personal doctor if you feel that you can't take it anymore.
|
Users who thank christianrene for this post: pandaa 

User Profile
Experienced User
I]ve been feeling this very same way lately. It is a dark place, and I know what you are going through. May GOD bless you as HE blesses me.

Feel better. Smile
|
Users who thank Dark for this post: pandaa 

thanks everyone!

@doit - I'm not sure if I want to take that up to the doctor's yet, but I will certainly keep that in mind. However, I have gone to professional help in the past (concerning a more severe emotional state). I'd love to go out to the beach or somewhere peaceful.. haha it's rainy, cloudy, and cold where I am but this season doesn't bother me right now.

@Christian - You are right, I am very overwhelmed by things that are happening to me lately. I'd like to hope that I'm not taking things seriously, but one of my issues right now is school. I am on the verge of getting kicked out of my university. I have accepted the fact and I know I can re-enter after going to school somewhere else, but it makes me feel so disappointed/stressed. I also took a break from school in the summer, I even went to Las vegas for 8 days.. it was a good vacation.. I thought it would be good enough for me to take school in the FALL... but apparently, I needed more time to work on myself before taking on school again Sad One summer was not a long enough break.

@Dark - I've been through darker times, but yes this is a dark place. I especially feel alone b/c my best friend has her own issues.. we're basically isolating eachother.. so we don't provide emotional support at all. I have other friends too but i've fell off them so long ago. I don't mind just having one main best friend, but she can't even HELP me at all. I do talk to other friends as well but they just don't provide me that emotional support I need and in addition I can't tell them everything.. they don't understand.
Good bless you too!

Everyday i tell myself that it's okay... tomorrow is a new day.. but everyday is the same. I'm sick and tired of feeling so alone about my problems. In general, I feel so alone.. I used to have stronger relationships with people but not anymore. I don't mind that I've lost friends, I'm just bothered that my best-friend sucks right now. She can't go out because she is insecure about her appearance (she doesn't like her cosmetic surgery did in the summer).. and she isn't doing well in school either. ALSO, she NEVER makes me feel better when I talk to her.... it's like I almost rather NOT talk to her... but when I ignore her she gets offended. She is my best friend, I know that will never change.. but since she's not emotionally nor physically there.. I HATE HER.. i've been putting up with this for several months.. especially NOW when I feel more alone then EVER.. she just makes me more angry when she talks to me. She wants me to understand that she has issues so she can't be seen in public.. I can go to her house and stuff.. but i honestly don't want to. I'm not blaming her being a bad friend because I understand her circumstances.. I just HATE this whole situation.
SORRY GUYS.. END RANT. you don't need to respond.
|

replied November 28th, 2012
I am in a relationship..its been almost 2 years now and never felt sad about it..suddenly im feeling very sad with her and she didn't do anything wrong to me..i miss her when she is not near me and sad when she is ..im sad all the time dont know what to do..i know i don't want to leave her because i love her but my mind keep thinking to leave her..what should i do?
|

replied November 29th, 2012
It`s understandable that you want to still be with her because you have this history together for 2 years. You basically don`t want to throw away 2 years of your life. Although it`s also understandable that you would want to leave her..because not every relationship is "meant to be". The more you know a person, the more you can determine if you're going to be in this person's life for a long time. I'm getting a sense that if you're having thoughts of leaving her.. and you are sad when she is near you.. then you may just not like her anymore. The love is not strong enough. However, you can always opt for relationship counseling. In relationship counseling, you can discuss everything you just said. You're suddenly feeling sad with her even though she didn't do anything wrong.. and you don't know why, etc. I'm sure a professional can guide you through some sort of clarity! If you can't see the exact problem itself, maybe someone else can get to the root of the issues. Anyway, another option you can do is have a mutual break from each other (you decide the length).. and from there you can see how much you need her in your life. you can also work on yourself during the break. You can also talk to your friends about it.. people who see the relationship on the outside, and hear their opinions about why you may be feeling this way!

-Best wishes!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....