hi two days ago me and my boyfriend had sex and cause the scratch on my vulva area. it hurts then same day at night i went out with him it was really cold outside, when i came home i started feeling cold and having fever, my body was like burning. then there are some blisters came out around my vagina. it only hurt a bit when i touch it. but my vulva scratch part still hurts. there are lumps one each side of my inguinal area. but i dont think my bf has HSV and neither do i .what are the all symptoms about ? would it be the bacteria infection because of the lesions down to the vulva part? Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2012
Community Volunteer
You need to get yourself seen by a dr. while the blisters are still there. Your bf (or you) may have HSV-2 and not know it. It's possible to have it for as many as 30 years or more and never have a symptom or sign that you have it. Even if you've never had a symptom, you can break out at any time, especially if you've had a trauma to the area (such as the scratch).

The doctor can only diagnose while the symptoms are still there. There is a blood test, but it's not conclusive without other tests and diagnostic symptoms.

A bacterial vaginal infection (BV) probably wouldn't cause the symptoms you describe; sometimes the only symptoms of a BV is intense, extreme pain.

Both of you should have full STD screenings, but you have to ask for a separate HSV-2 & 1 screening, as well.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....