There us this scabbish wounded area on my face, and it seems to be spreading. I dont know what it is or the origin. It itch a little and i recieved no other symtoms execpt when i open my mouth you can feel it pull
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2018
Hello and welcome,

I appreciate your concern,

Without seeing the lesion for myself and examining the area,it's very difficult to say what it could be for sure,but based on your description,it's either a fungal infection or some kind of dermatitis.If it's red,itchy and full of pimples like a rash then it's most probably dermatitis.However if it's dry,itchy and scaly the most probably it's some kind of topical fungal infection.

If you are using anything unusual or new on your skin like cosmetics,lotions,moisturisers or a different face wash, body wash or shampoo,stop immediately as it can be contact dermatitis and anything coming in contact with skin can cause it.

Also you can use calamine lotion over it for a day or two to see it's effect on the lesion.If it subsides then it most probably was allergy but if it gets worse or stays the same then you should visit your dermatologist at the earliest opportunity for a physical exam of the area to get it treated as soon as possible.

I hope this is helpful,

Wishing you the best of health.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.