Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I dont care about my life or what happens to me anymore, help?

Im a 19 year old girl who is overweight with nothing going on in my life. I am always told that I am ugly and fat but when I look in the mirror I dont understand why people view me this way. I see girls who have boyfriends who treat them like princesses and I cant help but wonder why that cant be me. I am a nice, sweet, and giving person and it seems as though I dont get any of the love of kindness I give back. So many girls my age are so happy and doing better than I am. I just dont understand why I am in so much pain when I dont do anything wrong. I dont do drugs, I dont hurt people, I dont do alot of things most people my age do so why do I have to go through this. Im not suicidal but I honestly dont care if I die tomorrow. I will never take my own life but at times I dont care if I die. I know that people have worser lives than me and I always use that as a way to never give up, but my pain has grown so much over the years that I cant take it anymore. I dont why I was put on this earth to just be in pain.
I dont know what to do anymore, I want to go away to college and meet new people but if im not accepted, I will probably have a break down. Nothing ever works out for me. My worst fear is that I will never find happiness or peace mentally, physically, and love wise. I never had a boyfriend and fear that I never will find a guy that will love and adore me. Im not book smart and fear that I will fail, I lost alot of my friends because I stop hanging out with them due to me being so unhappy, I fear I will never find good friends again.
Please someone give me hope and helpful advice. Im on the verge of a breakdown please help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 30th, 2012
Hey there
Have you ever thought of signing up for counceling? Im a 17 year old male with depression just like you and i signed up recently and it has made a big difference in my life.
|

replied December 30th, 2012
no ive never had counseling. idk if that will help and I dont know where to begin if I wanted counseling.

Im glad to hear that is has made a difference in your.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....