Hello lovely person who is reading this,

I think I'm starting to develop an eating disorder. I'm a pre-everything trans-woman who still lives with their parents, I haven't come out to them because where I live being trans is illegal and the culture is very hateful. I've started to eat less and less because I had the idea of trying to stop my 'male' growth and now i can't eat normally because I get reminded that I will grow if I do eat. I don't want to grow any bigger because it will ruin my chances of trying to live like everybody else as my preferred gender.

Please give me any advice you can, I'm struggling and can't get access to a therapist.

Thank you so much for reading this
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Being trans is not your fault but not eating with fear to gaining masculinity is. Dont care what others say. Live your life. Find others like you. And find a good gender transformation surgeon if you want. Science have advanced enough to give you gender of your choice.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.