Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Genetic Disorders Forum

I don't want my children to have this trait.

User Profile
Unproportional/asymmetric nose! Causes? Fixes?
Hello! I would like to know what causes this physically,physiologically, or genetically (Specifically see picture). Is it a deformation related to genetics and is it hereditary? Or does it have to do with injury? Is it do to error in mitosis/meiosis? I don't want my children to have this trait. What's possibilities for fixing this?

SEE PIC:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rkc1nhbwu85k3rs /AACB1JkYCuGoOhI_wg8O2u2ta?dl=0n here

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2016
General Q and A Answer A57804
hello and welcome

your concern is appreciated

the causes for this condition are trauma/injury to the nose, previous surgery on the nose and genetically inherited. you can fix it by surgery and the results are really good. the chances to pass on to the children is present but its not necessary that the trait will be expressed as it depends on multiple factors and human genetics is complex.

hope it helps
thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Genetic Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.