I am 21 years and it has been 5 years of not sleeping peaceful , i don't believe i have a disorder .I experience some sort of attraction as if i am fighting something that cant reach me but my body can't move , people say that i cry but when i try to shout for help my voice doesn't go out. It scare me a lot , sometimes i see shadows of scary things and worse of it i only sleep 3 hours per night mostly from 12 wake at three or from three till 6.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 25th, 2019
Active User, very eHealthy
Your description suggests the possibility of some sort of sleep paralysis, and if so, be assured it is considered harmless.

However, your reaction to it, and resulting stress you describe about the idea of sleep may be the true underlying issue.

Because this has been going on for 5 years, you should see a doctor to either treat or rule out an underlying medical or psychiatric condition causing this.

If there is nothing identifiable, look to a CBT sleep training program for a comprehensive, permanent solution to the most common nonmedical root causes, including stress.
|

replied April 26th, 2019
Thank you .
|

replied April 26th, 2019
Thank you .
|
Quick Reply