Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

I don't know what to do

the last few years I felt like everyone around me didn't care, all I heard come out of people's mouths were bad negative things about me. Even my mother, my sisters, and my best friend. I just turned 16 earlier this week, and I currently live with my 18 year old sister. I thought living with less people would make me feel better but that's not true at all. I have been cutting since I was 11 or 12. But it got really bad at 13 turning 14. I haven't cut in 5 weeks because I'm currently juggling school and a job, I even work Saturdays. And I feel like I'm going crazy without cutting. Not a single person in the world besides a couple internet friends know that I cut. My mom do know and neither does anyone else I know in real life. When I go so long like I am now without cutting I get very anxious, and jumpy and I feel really depressed, like the only thing that makes me happy is cutting myself. I'm having these weird symptoms. I'm seeing things, feeling things, and I feel like it's because i haven't cut in a few weeks
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with impulse control disorder. You would need SSRI and psychotherapy sessions like CBT.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Self Injury , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.