Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

I don't know what else to do, it's the only way I get calm

User Profile
When I get really angry I cut, it's the only way I get calm again since all my attention is on it.

My mother was shouting again today at me, at anything that pissed her off. She threw a cup of coffee for some reason then brushes it all off as menopause. I long to just tell her to shut up but I can't it would be the end of the world. So I cut it's the only thing I have control over. Ive tried to meditate and all that, but while I'm doing it trying to calm down I hear her in the background going on and on and on. It's getting worse and the cuts are more and more I want to stop but I cant
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2014
People say cutting is like an addiction. It is very hard, maybe try some therapy or tell your mother to shut up in a nicer way. If she blames it at the menopause, tell her to get some pills for it. I understand cutting is very hard to stop because I do it myself. But I would maybe talk to a school guidance counselor or just a really close friend who will listen. Cutting yourself can lead to infections and other issues, I have never gotten my cuts infected, but I'm not 100% sure, but scars like that on your arm can affect how you get a job here where I live.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....