Hello everybody
I need some help and advices.
I am 19. Every night I go to sleep very late because I can't tear myself from the computer. I listen to music, read about psychology, whatever just to stay on the computer.
When I want to get up in the morning, I just can't. If it was just a short sleep of up to 7 hours, I won't even remember turning off the alarm clock.
If it's more than 8 hours, I still find it very difficult to make myself get out of bed. I don't want to, no matter what I am late to.
Only when it's a very very important thing I can get out of bed, and always at the last moment.
I have some problem breathing from the nose, but it's not severe. I feel it and the doctor also told me. When I stretch my face in a specific way, I can breath deeper through the nose.
When I was chilled, I took a peel that helps reducing the symptoms, and also has something that helps you fall asleep and sleep better. I remember that I woke up the next morning, and I suddenly felt like I really had a good sleep! It was very easy to leave the bed and I felt happy when I woke up. Since then I didn't feel this any more.

What the heck is my problem? I have some kind of thing in my college which I have to attend every morning, and I never do, because of my sleeping problems. Is there anything to do more than finding some impossible way to go to sleep earlier?
Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 20th, 2014
First, have you considered that you may have problem with sleep apnea? Granted you need to know a lot more about it before you are able to find out, but you mention not getting any type of benefit from sleeping (what you perceive to be) long hours. Maybe this is something that you should explore. Do you have a physician you could talk to?
|

replied March 20th, 2014
Thank you for the answer.
I am about to contact my doctor to ask him to check sleep apnea, but I thought that maybe my problem is something else that I don't know, like a psychological problem. If you say that you suspect it to be apnea, then I will try to find help with it. Thank you very much!
|

replied March 20th, 2014
If you want to go to sleep earlier you will have to learn to leave the computer, however, there are a couple of other natural things you can do to get you off to sleep earlier. If you drink some milk (warm is best, you could even make a hot chocolate), or turkey because it contains tryptophan (I am not sure of the spelling) and that helps sleep, if you are desperate try something like herbal nytol which you shouldn't take everyday but it will hopefully help you get into a better sleeping pattern. I can sympathise a bit with your not being able to get up in the morning, because of my health issues I am constantly tired no matter how much sleep I get, if it wasn't for my anorexia I wouldn't get up, and lectures here start at 8am, so it is even more of a challenge. Best of luck, and look after yourself, sleep is very important. Try to set yourself a deadline, perhaps, when you should be off your computer and then do something relaxing like reading for a bit, it will allow your brain to switch off as light from a screen close to bed will prevent a good sleep. However, see a doctor about your breathing, if it is sleep apnea it is important to diagnose it early, if you can't breathe properly there is no way of getting a good sleep.

Best wishes
|

replied March 20th, 2014
Setting limits for myself is kind of my current main problem. I will set a deadline so that I don't stay with the computer till 2:00.
Your advices for falling asleep sound good, I will drink hot milk before going to bed and see how it goes.
I am going to see my doctor soon, and I hope he will schedule a surgery to fix that problem in my nose soon.
Thank you very much
|