Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I don't feel the same about my first son now....

User Profile
Hi I'm a 32 year old mother of 2 boys and I've put this off for a few years now because felt it must be me and it would soon change but it hasn't, when I had my second son 3 years ago I don't feel the same about my first son I find he upset me all the time, from as soon as he get I find myself alway telling him off he's 9 now and I hate telling him off all the time for silly thing all the time as soon as he get in the car after school I'm the same, it was like as soon as I had the second son came along I want the first to grow up, I rarely hug him I just dosn't feel right so how bad is that also he just spent a week away staying with his auntie and I did miss him, please help I hate that I'm like this before my second child came he was my baby I love him so much so why has that change

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2012
Depression Answer A38214
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the symptoms have been worsening, or if you are not getting back into your usual self, you should consider discussing your symptoms and emotional changes with your doctor/healthcare provider. Once a second child is born, a mother may get more careful and protective about the new baby and keep reprimanding older children. However, there should be a balance and a complete change of behavior towards older child can lead to development of sibling rivalry and jealousy. Your older child needs as much care and attention as your new baby. Consider going ahead with counseling sessions to help you cope up with the situation and get over the emotional changes towards your older child.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.