Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I Don't Feel Like Eating , Going Through Depression !

I've been arguing with my mom for 4 straight months , we don't get along , and because of that I have been stressed out really badly ! She lives in Florida, and my father lives in Virginia. I'm in Virginia now , because its summer , but when I was there all I did was cry , and argue , and ever since then I have had trouble sleeping . My father doesn't care about me , he suggested i go to foster care , he was never in my life , and I have got used to it , but when he told me I should go to foster care i cried for a few hours . When I go to Virginia, I don't see him, I stay with my cousins! I haven’t been happy for 4 months , and now that I’m in Virginia , when I hang out with my family and friends , I’m not happy at all , I just want to sleep , I don’t have fun , I feel out of place. My friends planned a beach trip in two weeks; I just don’t want to go. I want to go back home! I’m only 14, and before all those arguments, etc. I was an energetic girl, who loved to be with friends, I had a bubbly personality, now I’m just down, and want to left alone. I want to go back to the old me, can someone please help :’( I don’t want to be like this anymore! It not only hurts me , but my friends have noticed I’m not the same ! I feel out of place around them now, because they are all laughing and enjoying their time, while I’m down, and in a bad mood. Also ever since i got to Virginia i don't want to eat , im not hungry at all , but in florida i cant stop eating ! PLEASE HELP ME :/
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2012
its really really sad that you have to put up with all of this at such young age. but the good thing is that you are seeking help and trying to do better.

I have had a really troubled relationship with my parents almost all my life. I am 23 now, and it still is beyond insane. But what i have laernt is that the best to do is to ignore, and tell yourself it doesn't matter - cuz really it doesnt.

If you and your mom argue so much, dont talk to her. if she picks on you, just quietly listen and move away from the scene . the more u argue and the more u cry, the worse u will feel. write a diary or write some blogs . share how u feel with someone who really cares . that way u will be able to vent out ur frustration without any arguments with your mom.

one thing that has really helped me is watching comedy sitcoms. i often spend hours watching them, since they divert my mind and really do make me laugh. in the end i feel a lot better.

Take up activities, and go to the beach even if you just dont want to. exercise a lot, and meditate if possible. It will make you very very strong, and you will realise that it is much easier to handle. Dont be sad about what your dad says. u are a precious little girl and someday somebody will be lucky enough to realise that and will give you the love you deserve Smile
|

replied July 8th, 2012
its really really sad that you have to put up with all of this at such young age. but the good thing is that you are seeking help and trying to do better.

I have had a really troubled relationship with my parents almost all my life. I am 23 now, and it still is beyond insane. But what i have laernt is that the best to do is to ignore, and tell yourself it doesn't matter - cuz really it doesnt.

If you and your mom argue so much, dont talk to her. if she picks on you, just quietly listen and move away from the scene . the more u argue and the more u cry, the worse u will feel. write a diary or write some blogs . share how u feel with someone who really cares . that way u will be able to vent out ur frustration without any arguments with your mom.

one thing that has really helped me is watching comedy sitcoms. i often spend hours watching them, since they divert my mind and really do make me laugh. in the end i feel a lot better.

Take up activities, and go to the beach even if you just dont want to. exercise a lot, and meditate if possible. It will make you very very strong, and you will realise that it is much easier to handle. Dont be sad about what your dad says. u are a precious little girl and someday somebody will be lucky enough to realise that and will give you the love you deserve Smile
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....