Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

I do not feel like my moms tradition is my mandate.

User Profile
had 5 major depression episodes better. still dealing with uncontrollable panics around people who do power over. 62 year old female. Strongly emotionally abused in childhood and long term marrige. Now my mom whats me to help her. She lives in the country 150 miles away and I have few financial, emotional, and energy resouces after trying to rebuild my live. She is 82 and has a fancy Thanksgiving to meet her dreams every year but it works me to death, she can not do it any more and every detail is her instruction. My sister says that I have to do more of the work and I don't care about it at all but I do show. make out rolls, do all cleanup and take 4 dishes and my sister feels put upon. Thats my limit and I do not feel like my moms tradition is my mandate. I will involve myself in needs and sister does wants to. She is Moms controlling drone and I want less tradition and to finally either pair it down but the 2- hunting nephews are going to start doing a stint in dishwashing ..

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2012
Family Relationships Answer A37661
Welcome to e health forum.

The issues mentioned seem to be due to stress associated with interpersonal issues, which might be worsening your anxiety or depression.

Other than proper control of your anxiety with medications, you will need counselling and advice on people management.

Hence you should consult a psychiatrist, who can get a detailed history and help you deal with your inter-person relations.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Family Relationships , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.