Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

I didn't wash my hands, could I be pregnant?

Me and my boyfriend were fooling around, and I gave a him a hand job, meaning I had pre cum on my hands. Afterwards we watched movies for a bit and then I went to the toilet. I didn't wash my hands before going to the loo and I might have touched my lips down there, and because I was on my period, I sorted out a period pad.. Because I didn't wash my hands before going to the loo, could I be pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
WhiteBurd,

No, you cannot get pregnant thay way. There is no way.

First, if you were currently mensturating, you are very, very unlikely to be fertile. Women are fertile in the middle of their cycle, between periods, when the ovary releases the egg.

Also, even though it only takes one sperm to actually fertilize the egg, it takes millions to break down the protective barrier around the outside of the egg (the corona). Sperm are also not very hardy, they do not live outside the body for very long.

So, you would have to have millions of sperm find their way from your hand to the opening of your vagina. Then, they would have to swim all the way up the vagina and find the cervical opening. They would then have to get through the cervix and swim all the way across the uterus to find a Fallopian tube. Since only one egg is usually released each month, the sperm would have to choose the correct tube that contained the egg this month (a 50-50 chance). Then the sperm would have to go up the Fallopian tube to meet up with the egg.

Thus, there is no way for a young lady to get pregnant from touching some pre-ejaculate and then maybe touching her external genitalia (while on her period).

However, if you are not wanting to get pregnant, and you are now "fooling around", possibly becoming sexually active, get some protection. Don't wait till you get caught up in the moment and end up having unprotected sex. Get on some birth control pills, or get some condoms to have handy. It is not worth the risk of an unwanted pregnancy.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: pregnant, period, lips
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....