Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

I cut myself one time. I think I'm addicted to it.

Ok I cut myself one time. I think I'm addicted to it. I need to know if being amused by the pain is part of having an addiction to the pain
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2016
Experienced User
Sadly cutting can be addictive. But you have to focus that addiction on to something positive one way I found to stop cutting was to draw or spend more time
With friends . There are a lot of stopping resolution on the internet try one of them. None of them worked for me but may for you.

Please feel free to message anytime

Sponge
|

replied December 23rd, 2016
One way I keep from cutting is, every time I feel like I need to cut, I draw/paint over the skin where I would've cut. Create something beautiful instead of destroying something.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....