Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

i cut myself and i feel that i have lost myself

life just doesnt feel worth it anymore. i feel that i have lost myself and when i get really upset i cut myself. am i messed up? whats wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2012
Experienced User
Hey sorry to hear of your sadness. What do you think makes you feel like that? I know if I dwell on the past makes me cut. Depression is a arse of an illness it makes you lose yourself and isolate everyone else.

Message back

Take care

Sponge
|

replied July 31st, 2012
well i dont really know if it is depression but i wouldnt be surprised if it was. i guess its a part of growing up but um when i do give in and cut then it makes me feel better.
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2012
Experienced User
I know that feeling . What makes you self harm? Do you have anyone that knows?

Take care

Message back

Sponge
|

replied August 3rd, 2012
idk like even now when ive promised myself that i wont do it anymore like the temptation is greater than ever to cut especially when i am upset. my mom sorta knows like she thinnks im legit crazy and kept asking why i do it and the only answer i could give her was idk. um my best friend knows to and she said im f* up in the head aha
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2012
Experienced User
I think the only person whos opinion matters is your own. Because you self harm doesn't really mean you crazy or messed up . It's a coping mechanism for people granted most people have had trauma in there life . How do you self harm? And how often? Would you ever consider to see a doctor . I believe there's also a group called self harmers annomus if that would in interest you .

Message back

Take care
|

replied September 8th, 2012
i do it cause i feel alone.. over the last 2 years i've lost most of my friends and now i feel like i'm losing my best friends over her boyfriend. and i never had a bf or anyone to love me. that makes me depressed Sad
i cut myself and just as scars were about to fade (cause i try not to go too deep) i do it again. nobody knows. i tried to tell it to my best friend, i told her that i'm really sad and that i think i need help but i never told why and what's really going on. i don't know how to ask for a help (cause i'm not close with my parents and i don't talk about my feelings) and i think it's getting worse Sad
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2012
Experienced User
Yeah it's touch when you don't have parental support !
I never told my mum she kinda found out when I was thirteen
She can't handle that I've got depression or that I self harm.
That's good that your not doing them deep I would maybe go
To your gp and say exactly how you feel I think without
Medical intervention things will not get better for you.

Please feel free to message me anytime!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....