I went through all the hospital visits, brain shock treaments, Medication and therapy about 2 years ago. I don't remember any of it because the shock treament blew away my memory. Started to read medical records and became overwhelmed real fast. Thought I could handle it but last night I cut. I can't let my therapist know because I won't be able to get into a group therapy that I've been waiting for. It felt so good to do. How do I keep this a secret? I am 55 years old.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2012
Experienced User
sorry for the late reply, but this is what i think...im no doctor or therapist, but i think that the cutting incident was triggered by you reading your records. you say that you thought you could handle it, and i do the same thing too sometimes... but next time, if you have any doubt in your mind that you cant handle it, then read over it with your therapist. therapists are thereto help. as for this incident, i would recommend telling your therapist. its a huge trust issue if you dont tell her, and she finds out another way...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....