Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

I can't stop eating or thinking about eating

I need someone out there to tell me I'm not alone because at this point I'm ready to give up on life in every sense.
I have been fighting 10 extra pounds for about 5 years now, but in the last few months, I think I've become obsessed with not being able to lose weight.
I was working out almost 2 hours a day for a very long time, trying to eat healthy and nothing would happen, not a single pound would come down, but \I wasn't gaining either. Now in about 2 months span I've gained 5 more pounds..even worse. And I am always hungry. I eat the right foods and I'm starving an hour later and I cannot stop myself from eating, I start to feel weak, my stomach feels empty, it growls and I cannot concentrate on anything else.
And in the last week I'm giving up on the healthy food because I've been eating it for so damn long I am completely sick and bored of it. And I've also cut down my exercise because I read somewhere that too much exercise can increase your appetite or not be good for your body....doesn't seem to be making a difference with the cut down either....
I'm at the end of my rope and don't know what to do anymore....
Anyone out there have any advice for me????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 13th, 2011
I have the same problem except it started when I was 15 (when I got my first bf he kept telling me to change) I never felt good enough we did eventually brake up but it's been 3 years and I feel fat and yet I can't seem to stop eating I'm always hungry even if I just ate 5 minutes ago I just can never stop thinking about food. So for me it's been that, but I think maybe it's cause you concentrated on those 10 pounds you couldn't take anymore and I can understand because its torture and I think you should start eating healthy again even if you've cut down on your exersising for the reasons listed you should start eating healthy again trust me it makes a difference. I hope that helped sorry if it didn't but hey you're not alone so don't worry we'll get through this.
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
Aw I feel your pain. I always think about food.... I am usually quite good at being disciplined when it comes to eating, even though everything in me is screaming to eat it! However recently I can feel my motivation slipping.
The only advice I can give you is to try some things I do, and which seem to work for me.
Try eating 5 or 6 small meals. I usually eat every 2-3 hours. It's keeps my metabolism up. Try include protein in every meal, like nuts and seeds, eggs, chicken, tuna, turkey, etc. Protein keeps you fuller for longer. If you have just eaten and 5 mins later you feel hungry try drinking water. Half the time I feel hungry it's really just dehydration.

If your still exercising and getting no results you sound like your body's plataued. It's used to the exercise your currently doing. You need to do something completely different. Lift heavier weights and do lower reps. Or do circuits with lighter weights.

It's difficult to stay motivated, I struggle, but don't be so hard on your self. Try write down some positives, I find this helps. I spend so much time giving myself a hard time I forget to reward myself for making good decisions and training hard.
I hope you feel better soon. Never give up!!!
|

replied April 20th, 2015
food is love food is life
|

replied June 16th, 2015
I am totally with you on that one! I have been addicted to overeating since my late teens and now at the age of 23 I am overweight and fed up. I dream of being a normal weight but food comes first. It's my safety blanket and best friend. Then I have guilt days and I try to starve myself. It's a vicious cycle. I have no idea what to do about it.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....