Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

I can only orgasm once?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I am 21 years of age, and i have being sex with my partner, however, after i orgasm once, i doesnt feel turned on and want to have sex again. However, my partner wants to have sex all the time, and if when we continue having sex, i cant seem to orgasm again. I can only orgasm once. I tried faking but he knows. What you think i should do? Do you think i have a problem?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A17269
Hello and thanks for posting your medical question on E health forum.

Females have a inherent ability to have multiple orgasms unlike men. Lack of interest or inability to enjoy sexual intercourse could be due to factors like fatigue, Stress, Situations that turn you off during sex, or it could be due to inability of your partner to excite you.
Sex begins in the mind. A healthy and fresh mind without stress is important to have a enjoyable sex life. Identify the stressors in your day to day life and take steps to remove them. This will go a long way to help you.

Faking an orgasm is not the best way to address the current situation. Be open to new ideas and discuss your feelings and issues with your partner so that your relation can prosper. Proper arousal with adequate foreplay, a uninhibited sexual behavior, changing sexual positions and places other than the bedroom, using creativity in and out of the bedroom will spice up your sex lives and change the current monotonous sex life.

You might consider consulting your physician or a sexologist who can discuss these issues in detail and guide you accordingly.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.