Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

i blame my husband for me loosing my job

weve been maried 18 months now and ive had a 10 year amazing career in banking, payrises, promotions etc i sometimes had to work late taking calls from US or go to client meetings after work, a few times a month. he hated it and made it very difficult for me attend knowing i would have to face an argument when i got home meant i didnt attend some meetings. this had been noticed by mgmt and my name was put on the list for redundancy. i blame him for not supporting me he doesnt undersand, hes always wanted me to leave my job and now ive lost it and am going through serious depression. he doesnt care, i dont know what to do
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 12th, 2009
Community Volunteer
It sounds to me like he felt threatened by your job.....Maybe it was more important than his or maybe he didn't like your long hours of working....

Is it really fair to blame him on this?....With the economy being what it is right now people are being let go right and left.....

I guess the best thing I can say is pick up the pieces and find another job....You can't change yesterday so why ruin your marriage or health over this....

Caroline
|

replied February 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Maybe he just misses you? I know i have felt that way about my hubby. Except he wasnt at work he just always had people over. Alone/quality time is crucial especially during your 1st years together.

There has to be a way to balance everything and still make him happy. Ask him to help compromise with you
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2009
Supporter
i agree with rosie h. i felt like the way he did it was wrong but he probably wanted to be with you and didn't like it when you were away all the time.
are you holding up financially? maybe you can find a job just like the one you had that doesn't require so much of your time.
i would be upset also.
|
Quick Reply