Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

I believe them to be bite marks?

User Profile
I've had two small bite marks (well, I believe them to be bite marks) on my palm towards my thumb.

They have been there for about 2-3 months and are small red bite marks. They have never given me pain and have never been swollen or irritated.
They seem to reoccur because they will fade and then come back again.
The two marks are just over 1/2 inch apart.

I have no idea what would have fangs so far apart. I'm unsure if this is a bite mark and if so, what is it? Although this is not causing me pain or discomfort it is still unsettling to have these strange marks keep coming back.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2011
Insect Bites Answer A22248
Hello and welcome to E health forum.

A bite mark cannot be diagnosed online.

You need a physical examination for proper diagnosis.

Consulting your doctor for the same might be helpful.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Insect Bites , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.