Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I avoid doing things I love

Ok so I made a profile just for this. I find myself avoiding doing things that evoke feelings in me, I forced myself to watch my favorite show, and before anything has even happened I'm dry crying. I find myself doing that anytime something epic, or suspenseful happens in a movie or a book. I have a hard time finishing books I enjoy because I start to dry sob, holding back tears. I don't know why I do this it its been happening for about a year. I have been diagnosed with depression, if that helps.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 12th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
I read very little now except for cook books. I don't watch scary shows or war movies or anything were animals are injured. I watch comedy. Hope that you have been tested for vitamin loss.
I volunteered at a local nursing home and finally started working in the activities dept.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....