Medical Questions > Mens Health > Birth Control - Men Forum

i and my gf want to have a sex suggestions to avoid pregnanc

User Profile
i and my gf want to have a sex . but we were worried about pregnancy. please can you give suggestions to avoid pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseaes??
thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2014
Birth Control Answer A49934
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your doctor/gynecologist is the best to help you in deciding the type of hormonal birth control measure best suited to you (after ruling out any contraindications for hormonal birth control use). Hormonal contraceptives help in preventing pregnancy by any or all of these 3 mechanisms: suppression of ovulation, cervical mucus changes making it difficult for sperms to enter inside uterus, endometrial changes to prevent implantation. Few women have reported having shorter and lighter bleeding while being on hormonal contraceptive use, whereas few women have reported having breakthrough bleeding and other bleeding abnormalities while being on hormonal contraceptive use. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation, clarification and assistance. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.