I was diagnosed with hsv2 about 5 yrs ago. I have a serious problem with sex. I feel like I am disgusting and horrible creature. I have tried to date again and I am always rejected. Why would a man want a woman that has a disease when he could find someone who is clean? I am slowly giving up on this. I have been in therapy for 7 years, even before I contracted it. I recently had a one night stand because I had been drinking and I am terrified that I gave him this disease. It was one night but it could ruin his life like it has ruined mine. I feel disgusting and at this point suicidal. I can't even have sex without thinking about the disease. I no longer enjoy my life. I know people say that with time all things heal but I can't stand the thought of giving this to someone else. I have tried therapy and support groups. I have prayed and told myself that I am a good person but I truly don't feel that way. Every man that I tell runs like hell. I want to have a relationship but if I am not comfortable with myself I can never have that. I never will. I don't want to hurt like this anymore. I has consumed that best part of me which was my confidence. I can't hurt like this anymore...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you were having an outbreak or flare-up at the time of sexual contact, chances are that you could have transmitted the infection. You can join online groups/sites that are for HSV infected people and find other people and partner/friend through it. It will help you discuss your feelings and symptoms with other people who have been through these, and be able to share your thoughts and find help. You can try these for help and assistance: http://hsv-2.meetup.com/ , http://herpes-coldsores.com/support/herpes .htm , http://herpes.supportgroups.com/.
Take care.

|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2012
I was diagnosed three years ago. I worked through that problem on my own but I saw a therapist for many other. It sounds cheesy but I learned to like who I was before I started dating again. Have you thought about talking to a therapist about this? Getting your confidence but is key. Liking who you are on the inside is going to be key to coping with this. I am in a healthy relationship with someone who does not have HSV it is possible to find. You have to tell them at the right time and you have to show that you are okay with who you are and you are okay with the virus. Thats really the most important thing. You are not disgusting your still you. The good person you were before. Show people you love you and they will see past the HSV. Have a good day
|

replied February 15th, 2012
I learnt I had Herpes a year ago, and fortunately I have a very lovely partner who understands me when I say I'm just not happy or am having trouble feeling sexy. Like the post above said, you have to learn to be ok with it and confident in yourself before you can hope anyone else to be. But once you are you will find someone who doesn't care about it at all.
Also on a side note- are you taking valtrex/or similar medication? Because one of the listed side effects is that it may cause depression, and if you were already having problems with this maybe you should talk about this possibility with your doctor Smile
|
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.