Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

I am new to the forum and I am just needing some help

I have been diagnosed a couple of months they have me on meds and all that but I still feel as if I am losing my mind! I am so irritable, I am snapping on people for absolutely no reason at all, like my dog she does absolutely nothing wrong but I am constantly yelling at her. But at the same time I am so depressed I guess you could say and all I want to do is sleep.
My head is just all jumbled I want to say things but they just dont come out the way that they should I just really feel as if I am going crazy. I really fear that it is going to lead me to the hospital or something. I am scared. I am so emotional I could seriously cry all the time. I just dont know what to do. Is it just me? Is this normal? Can someone please give me some feed back so I can relax a little?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 30th, 2010
it s good your asking for help ask the doctor good luck
if you ask the right people you can trust you will ge the help you need , good luck --..in the mean time keep focusing on the good things make a list they are all around you : )
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2010
This sounds a lot like depression unless you are having mania too? Are you on depression meds? Lithium can take just about a week to begin to work for bipolar, anti depressants can take 4-6 weeks.
|

replied June 6th, 2010
Supporter
I am bi-polar and you have to tell your psychiatrist whats going on. Clearly you are not on the right medications. Their are so many, it took me awhile until I got the right combinations. If you are still feeling all these thing I think it is most likely the anti-depressant they are giving you. They gave me Depakote and it made me worse, i felt like i wanted to jump out of my skin. finally after 3 tries I tried lamictal which is a mood stablizer and I no longer have any of the symptoms before. If I get depressed their is a reason for it, like my daughter passing, losing a job, struggling financially. If you are a teenager their are also many reasons you can feel depressed. sometimes it could be you feel like you dont fit in, or you dont like the way you look even though you are pretty, losing a boyfriend. If every little thing gets you depressed than you are in a true depressive state and need meds for help. I cant take any antidepressant because they make me fell like a zombie, make me more depressed or give me anxiety. I can tell you I take a mood stablizer, xanax when i feel like i am going to have a panic attack and klonopin to help me sleep because their are days I cant shut off my thoughts. Let your doctor know these meds are not working, if he doesnt want to change them than go see another professional. All of us are phyicalogicly different so what works for one does not mean it will work for you.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...