User Profile
so i've been losing hair for quite a while now and its really affecting my confidence in that i have stopped going out as much as i am ashamed of my apperance, i am only 21 and this has been happening since i was 19 its really getting me down to the point where i feel almost suicidal about the fact i look so awfull, is there anything i can do so my hair will come back like steroids or something? preferably something on the nhs that is free as i dont have much money to sped on something like a hair transplant.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2011
Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Answer A25121
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Hairloss could be due to various causes. The underlying cause for the hairloss has to be determined to help you with the right treatment and stop or minimize the hairloss. Maintain good hair care regime. Have diet rich in proteins, milk and milk products, and Vit-E. You should consider visiting a dermatologist for further evaluation and assistance. Option of considering hair transplant is the last one if no other treatment methods work for you.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hair Loss, Hair Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.