I am a girl. I have felt like I have never had a real best friend all of my life. I know this is common, but it has always annoyed me because I felt like, for example, friends at school only used me for someone to hang around with during school but had other friends outside of school who they preferred. I have absolutely no hobbies, and nothing seems to interest me at the moment. i'm not able to get a job until after summer, so I havent really anything else to occupy my time. I'm just bored and sick of being lonely. I'm a bit introverted and also a little bit shy, but usually when I'm in the right situation, I can become friends with someone. Although, being an introvert, I'm not always longing for the company of others, I wish sometimes, there was someone I could talk to or someone to hang out with during the weekend. I have my GCSE's over the next few months, so when I tell my parents I'm bored, they usually just tell me to study, and while I am doing that, I kind of have to have some sort of a balance between work and free time.
I just feel like some of my friends love sports and playing musical instruments and the other half love going out to clubs and I am simply neither of those people. I'm sick of checking my phone and seeing a blank phone screen with no texts or notifications and at school someone slips out their phone and their screen is filled. After a while, it gets a bit disheartening.

The only thing I really do is use the internet but I feel so alone there as well. I just see all of the amazing things other people are doing with their friends and I just wonder when will I be able to do that. I even made some friends on the internet, but we just drifted apart and I've often tried to get back in contact but they don't reciprocate.

I just feel so lonely and I feel so useless. Can anyone help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 16th, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
Ng, Passed some blog u may want to look into:
http://ehealthforum.com/blogs/rabbimitch63 /random-kindness-b30288.html
|

replied March 24th, 2015
Experienced User
I am so sorry for you. If you love internet then you can make new friends as per your choice on social media sites and communicate with them.
|

replied June 20th, 2016
The best friend is a dog! But if you want find friends, you will visit public places. Find friends on social media sites is not best choice.
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....