Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

i am a guy and i starve myself to be skinny

i hate the way i look so i starve myself and walk every were to look a certain way. on the weekend i dont eat a thing
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi emocartoon and welcome to ehealth: I don't know what your weight and height are, but if you are underweight then you are on the road to developing a serious eating disorder...Depending upon your age I would say to either tell your parents or see a doctor...Get some help in battling this image problem that you are having...You must learn to like yourself as well as eat correctly...Please get some help...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied December 20th, 2011
i too once suffered from an eating disorder because i thought that i was fat or not thin enough or this was wrong or that was wrong...please go see a doctor and get help for this....i did and now im a healthy 125lbs and besides some other non related health problems im doing better than ever as a happy 24 year old...please think about what ive said and get some help im sure your beautiful just the way you are emocartoon
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2011
Experienced User
Why are you doing this? Is it to lose weight? If so, then it is not the best way to lose weight. Developing this bad habit will only give you adverse result. And worst, it can lead to more serious illnesses. So better stick with a healthy diet and regular exercise. good luck
|

but i dont like the sound of getting fat
|

noone wants to get fat emocartoon, but im sure that like most people with views like mine and yours that you think your fat or gross regaurdless, please dont think that your fat if you really arent and if you are scared of gaining weight then just lead a healthy active lifestyle, eat right and exercise and the good healthy ways to stay in shape and be happy and healthy, id hate to see another life ruined or lost to this kind of non sense i really would.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....