Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

I am a borderline/not completely diagnosed type 2

User Profile
Hi Everyone!
This is FitFrank and I am a borderline/not completely diagnosed type 2 diabetic. As i educate myself about this condition, I realize that this condition has affected me since childhood. You see, I was a 110 pound third grader! By the time I was in eighth grade, I only weighed 120 and was in good shape. On to adulthood where I weighed up to 355 lbs and recently had blood sugar crashes, unquenchable thirsts, and excessive urination. I have found that at this time and weight (295 lbs) when I eat smaller meals, limit sugar intake, and exercise, I feel better, drink normally, and urinate much less frequently. I try to include chromium gtf in my supplements and eat cinnamon in my oatmeal and on apples. Does anyone have any other tips to help me control this condition other than drugs?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The best way to prevent progression of your diabetes would be to lose weight and follow a healthy diet.

Maintaining a healthy BMI (range 20-25) will be very essential in this regard.

Adopting a healthy diet , with low fat and low carbohydrates will be helpful.

In addition, exercising for 30-45 minutes for at least 5 days in a week would be helpful as well.

You might consult a diabetic educator or your doctor for additional help and proper advice.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.