Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Hypogonalism, hair loss, low libido

This all started in December 2011. I used to have a great sex drive. I could have sex three times a day easy, but something happened over a very short span of time. I mean I was fine one day, then the next day my libido disappeared, and I have not been the same since.

I suspect this has something to do with all the cycling I do. i stopped cycling for a few months with no improvement. For three months my sex drive was at about 25%. Sex was very difficult and I was never completely hard. I went to the doctor in March 2012. My testosterone was 350 nl /dl. Normal range is 300 to 100. They didn't help at first because I was in the supposed normal range. However, normal age adjusted testosterone for my age, 28 years old, is six or seven hundred nl /dl. I had several more tests; 450, 295, and the latest was the lowest at 250.

Just last month my doctor ordered a pituitary MRI to see if I had tumors. they can lower testosterone. That was negative. I got started on .25 ml of intramuscular testosterone every 2 weeks. I am worried though, because I have read of terrible side effects from testosterone injections.

Shrinkage of testicles
Infertility
destruction of body's ability to produce testosterone

I have been reading about HCG injections. HCG is a hormone found in women which is nearly identical to LH. LH tells the testes to make more or less testosterone. When testosterone productions lowers, LH should rise. Higher LH signals the testes to make more testosterone. I have low testosterone and low LH, so if my LH could be raised, my testosterone might go back to normal. Then I could avoid infertility and shrunken balls.

If you were me what would you do? I am thinking about stopping my testosterone injections to save any chance I might have of my testes making their own testosterone again. I have only been on it for a month so far.

My hair on the top of my head by my forehead is falling out. Normally hair falls out because of high testosterone but not enough can also cause this. i have no libido and my hair is falling out. I feel like an old man.

I am very healthy otherwise. Very muscular. Hair all over the place. Deep voice. I might be the most manly person on earth with a total testosterone of 250. This really sucks. I feel like my life is over. What should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 55stonedcats
|
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....