Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

hypoglycemia treatment success

User Profile
So, after about 9 months of DRASTICALLY switching my diet, eating fresh foods and drinking mostly water, I am very happy to report I'm feeling better-- and life with Hypo is not as troublesome as it used to be. It's a whole new lifestyle change, but they are all very positive & healthy changes.

Here's some things I've been doing:

-Learning Stan's diet and testing what works on my body. 90% of the things on his list match with my body, so I used that as a starting point for my new diet and worked backwards-- adding a few different foods each week and testing their reaction to my body.

-Seeing a doctor, getting a Glucose Tolerance Test and, most importantly, seeing a knowledgeable endocrinologist. The Endo did EXTENSIVE blood work and luckily, my results were all very promising. She also gave me a home blood test machine which I try and use a couple times a day.

-Always having snacks on hand, cutting out Sugar and not touching drugs or alcohol in anyway.

-Taking care of my body FIRST. meaning, I sometimes am late for Class & miss meetings JUST because I have to eat. YOUR body and health always has to 100% come first no matter what. Meetings can be rescheduled, you're well-being cannot.

So, I hope any of this info can provide inspiration for anyone going thru the darkest part of Hypo right now-- I remember being there too and it was the worst thing ever. Things will get better if you take care of your body and stay on a healthy plan this year. best wishes, yes

-Dave
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Great job Dave! I always like to hear when people are getting better, and you have the PERFECT attitude for it. Unfortunately, at first, things need to be rescheduled and sometimes you have to be late or even leave early, but that's just how it is and others need to respect it. Glad you got a good Endocrinologist as well, some of them are too versed in diabetes to have a clue about this.
|

replied April 19th, 2008
Stan & Dave
That's exactly how I feel! The doctors are too versed in diabetes to know anything about hypoglycemia. I hope that within some time I will be feeling like Dave is!
|