User Profile
Im here because something happened again this morning at 4:00 am that ive mostly figured out. WHY it happened.. hope someone can assist. I live in canada bc with my h. I was diagnosed when I was a kid with low blood sugar. Eat sugar.. was the instructions. I never tested my blood sugar. When i felt shaky i ate peanut butter or nuts. Not sugar. Rarely had symptoms. Never concerned myself.
About 10 years ago at about 4 am, i woke up one night to go pee. Went back to bed. Then in about 5 min. I started feeling strange. felt out of it..body rush then happened. All of a sudden i had to go number 2. After that then it felt like my cns everything was shutting down. I noticed my breathing didnt want to work i felt weak And disoriented. I dont know why but i went to the kitchen in a haze and started drinking a to of water and eating walnuts. In about 5 min i started uncontrollably shaking. But then i could breathe and i could think again. This situation happened again about 3 times in the next 9 more years. Each time did the same thing.
This morning i think I figured it out. But would love some additional input on whats occuring.. im soo new at this..
So i woke up.. again about 4am. Went pee.. and it happened. Brain fog within 5 min. Body rush.. not so bad this time as trying not to panic. Then having to go number 2. I decided to hold it this time.. i figured out if i went as soon as did, it made me even feel worse. THIS time though while i held it, i decided to check my blood sugar. I rarely used the meter. So must be a God thing as i asked him for help as i thought again.. i was dieing.
The meter said 5.2. My h was surprised and said that was really low and I needed sugar so I decided....lets get some orange juice see what happens. Out of habit i also ate peanut butter first. While i was trying to explain to my h what was happening, I started shaking and had a hard time talking. Same thing as the other times. Took my blood sugar. 5.8. That shaking lasted a few minutes and then it just...stopped. I Was thinking clearly too. Took another test. It was 7.

After brainstorming i realized when you go pee you lose sugar. For some reason, rarely by body cant deal at night. Its been at 5.4 in the day and no issues at all.
If anyone could clarify what was happening to me...Can tell me why this happened...How to stop it...And if they had a situation like this! Thanx in advance.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2019
Hypoglycemia Answer A65334
Welcome to e health forum.

Your symptoms could be attributed to micturition syncope

Micturition syncope or post-micturition syncope is the name given to the human phenomenon of fainting shortly after or during urination.

The underlying cause is not fully understood but it may be a result of vasovagal response, postural hypotension, or a combination .

These events are rarely a sign of a serious medical condition. Almost always, the loss of consciousness does not last long.

Consult your doctor who can get additional tests including a EKG and a ECHOCARDIOGRAM, to rule out cardiac issues or other medical disorders

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hypoglycemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.