User Profile
I will try and just get straight to the point. The other day my girlfriend and I were at the beach waiting in line at a restaurant around 3pm, we had not eaten all day except for some candy and a churro as a snack . when suddenly she began to sweat profusely, I went to go and get water and when I came back she was trying to explain to me that she was having a difficult time seeing a few seconds later screamed that she could not see anything except “white shapes” and “an intense bright light” as if the exposure was turned up on a picture. Followed by ringing in the ears. Her lips became a pale pink. Thankfully a nurse passing by noticed the commotion and came to the rescue with a can of coke which after a few seconds brought her back. We went to the doctor and she is not diabetic.

My question is this. What caused the pale lips, and the “bright white light” is it hypoglycemia? low blood pressure? Did the sudden Intake of sugar cause the sudden drop in sugar? She is 19.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2018
(online)
Hypoglycemia Answer A63805
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
There are two possibilities. It could be insulinoma that lead to hypoglycemia or vasovagal syncope.
I would suggest you to have her C peptides and insulin level,ECG and holter monitoring to sort out the problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hypoglycemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.