Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Hypoglycemia and Nocturnal Unconsciousness?

Hello everyone. I am new here and any help would be great! Thank you in advance. I am seeking answers to what happened to me and am unsure where to look. I believe I have had hypoglycemia since I was a child (9 years old). My dr told me my sugar level was 60 about a year ago and I was NOT Fasting. But here is my concern a few weeks ago I was feeling light headed, dizzy, had nausea and stomach cramps ... I know this is a sign of low blood sugar now after researching (my dr was no help). But I took a shower and I normally always get a drink of milk before bed but I felt so bad that I just jumped into bed within a half hour I felt as though I was unconscious (it felt the same way as if I fainted) I had no feeling of anything or my surrounding. I woke up suddenly about 3.5 hours later just before my husband's alarm went off. The following night the same thing happened. I started searching the web and only found one thing that resembles it that is relating to hypoglycemia which was termed 'nocturnal hypoglycemia unconsciousness'. Has any one else experienced this before? My sugar has been very low and I am having difficulty getting them to stay in the normal range. 2 hours after I eat I check my levels and they are 88, 91, etc. I do have an appointment with a neurologist on the 3rd of January due to hereditary factors and to get my brain checked...lol. Has anyone heard or had a similar experience? Or is it a symptom for something else. I am am worried it may be parkinson's, ms or lupus related or some other unknown illness. Parkinson's does run in the family but I do not believe this is a symptom. Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated. Thank you once more.

-Brit
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Pretty_Britty
|

replied December 3rd, 2012
Update: Since changing my diet I have noticed that I have not experienced this yet. Due to other responses on other forums I am going to assume this is due to low blood sugar. I am still recouping and am still feeling shaky but as I continue eating appropriately I am hoping I get my full energy back.

I'll keep you posted if it is possibly something else after the neurologist appt on Jan 3rd, 2013. Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?