User Profile
now my report says that all the values are in normal bracket after continious medication of 1.5 years but in my previous report t4 was 5.2 and this time its 10 and tsh was 0.25 but this time its 2.2 dos that mean i am still pateint of hyperthyroidism or am normal?

do i still need to continue the medication?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2009
Endometriosis Answer A5876

Your present lab tests indicate that your medications control the condition as expected. It does not mean that you are cured and you still have to take the recommended medication. However, your doctor might decide in future to try to decrease the dose of the medications. But this has to be done under strict surveillance of your doctor, in order to recognize if some of the symptoms aggravate.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn what the thyroid does, and the characteristics of thyroid disease here. In this intro section, we'll also review types of thyroid disorders MDs diagnose....
Specific medical conditions can trigger thyroid disease. Learn the basics about causes and risk factors for thyroid problems here....
Learn the symptoms for various thyroid problems...plus know when to seek medical help! A complete list of thyroid symptoms here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.