User Profile
I'm hypertensive and have been for several years. I have been taking 40 mg of Propranolol tablets currently for tachycardia from anxiety and also for headaches. I am noticing a side effect of more anxiety even with my blood pressure running in the 128/84 area with 82 beats a minute. I am usually in the 140's/90's for blood pressure with around 85-100 beats a minute.

I tried some ACE inhibitors Benazapril (forgive my spelling), Losartan-hctz, HCTZ 12.5 mg, Lisinopril-HCTZ, and Prazosin caps up to 20 mg.

I am struggling a lot with hypertension from ADHD medicines and Androgel testosterone medicine, but am unable to do much about those medicines as I need them to get by with my life.

I am experiencing Raynaud's syndrome and peripheral vasoconstriction still, but am struggling to do much about it all. The hypertension is hard to manage because I get intolerable side effects with so much, yet the natural methods of diet and exercise are hard because it's very cold outside now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2019
Beta-blockers are quite low down the ladder when it comes to antihypertensive medication. If you have documented hypertension then ACE inhibitors would be the primary choice. In case of coexistence of raynauds the balance would tilt in favour of calcium channel blockers like nifedipine or amlodipine in consultation with your doctor.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.