Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

husbands testicals disappear into his stomach?

After Having sex my husbands testicals disappear into his stomach . This causes his alot of pain and really has me worried what causes this and what can be done to fix it?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 10th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2014
Welcome to e health forum.

The information here is given, based on the limited medical information, and due to the lack of physical examination and complete medical history, this may not be regarded as legal medical advice.

As per the description, it is possible that your husband, could have a incompletely descended testicle, which is just hanging within the testicular sac. In such conditions, the testicle can be pulled into the abdominal cavity, via the Vas deferans (the tube which connects the testicles to the urinary system). The laxity or weakness in the abdominal fascia guarding the inguinal canal can be a contributory factor in this issue.

Surgically, in lay terms, this is a reverse form of inguinal hernia, per se.

If the condition causes severe and intolerable symptoms, it may require a evaluation by a doctor, and surgical treatment to fix the weakness in the inguinal canal and also to fix the incomplete descent of the affected testicle.

Hence it would be recommended , that you consult with your doctor, who can examine you and provide specific medical advice.

I hope this helps.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicles , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.