Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

Husband refuses to quit smoking

There is no way to get him to quit smoking inside the house. None. He smokes all over the house and he smokes a lot. How am I supposed to quit ??

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2009
Experienced User
Tell him to please smoke outside. Tell me how important this means to you. Maybe he will look at you and decide to quit smoking soon. You need to be strong even if he does not cooperate with you.
|

replied October 8th, 2009
I am 56 yrs old and have smoked since I was 15. This is the only product that has helped me

I was reading the news and found Ryan Air was allowing people to purchase
smokless e-cigarettes during flights. I did my research on these type of cigarettes
and found Green Smokes. I am now using these instead of regular cigarettes. They are truly amazing.
If you want a CLEANER different way to smoke and work TOWARD QUITTING ONCE AND FOR ALL LOOK at the following.
The problem with people trying to quit smoking is you miss holding a cigarette
with a cup of coffee or smoking while you are on the phone. It is not only the nicotine addiction.
With these e-cigarettes you get the nicotine fix you want without all the bad things that go with
regular cigarettes. The nicotine level is from 0mg to 16mg.
I have tried the patches and other stop smoking tools and none of them worked. This works and
the best thing is you can smoke anywhere work your nicotine fix down to 0mg.

I hope this will help someone out there who wants to think about quitting.
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2009
Solve the Problem
Why not give him VirtuSmoke as a gift? You will see how he will start to stop the habit.
|

replied December 15th, 2009
Even if you manage to quit smoking I guarantee you will not be able to tolerate a smokey house. I cannot even go over my friends house anymore because they smoke. Last time I was over there I was surrounded by 3 smokers and I could not take it, I had to go outside then eventually went home. Also, just smelling smoke on people is enough to make me ill. THE worst is cigar smoke. Quitting smoking is almost like an entire lifestyle change, you almost have to cut people out who are smokers. Not sure what options married couples have, especially if one of them refuses to stop smoking indoors. I mean, can't your husband just pick one room to smoke in, or does he just have to have the entire house? Good luck, there is no reasoning with smokers who are set in their ways. And it's not like you have room to talk, he was a smoker when you married him right? And now you expect him to change? I guess it says alot about the man knowing that he refuses to do one thing in life to help you out.
|

replied April 12th, 2010
You can only make him reduce smoking in the beginning as he is in the addicted stage. Get him E-cigs and tell him the greatness of E-cigs. Once he starts using it he will know the benefits of E-cigs and reduce using tobacco cigarettes.
|