Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

husband has hard bump on the shaft, should i be tested?

User Profile
My husband has had a hard bump on the shaft of his penis for a few months now. It does not cause him pain nor does it contain puss. There is a similar on on his testicles which hasn't been there as long. Could this be genital warts, and if so should I be tested?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2016
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A56481
Welcome you in this forum.Any spots in genital region has diverse etiologies and truly it is unwise to comment regarding it without having a look.
Some of them are benign like Fordeyce's spot which resolves by its own.Some could be sexually transmitted like molluscum contagiosum or genital warts,which need treatment.
Considering these facts,I suggest you to contact your GP to have a look over his parts.He/she will decide if a STD screening is necessary or not.
Dr Sanjoy

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.