Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

hurt all of my lower back, they said 6 wks.

User Profile
Hello I am a fitness fanactic I weight train mostly but nearly 4 weeks I fell and hurt all of my lower back its very tight and sore to touch tender cannot stand it being touched still, I was told soft tissue damage muscles and ligaments and 6 weeks to heal I am walking every day I iced it for 3 weeks now I am having hot showers and warm baths but to me still does not feel like its healing how long does it take to heal???why do they say 6 weeks yet mine feels no better in 4 weeks and I have quit the gym for now so I am being sensible gentle walking every day ect squatting to pick things up
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 19th, 2014
Active User, very eHealthy
Quote:
why do they say 6 weeks yet mine feels no better in 4 weeks

MAYBE the tissue itself can heal in 6 weeks given no other ongoing condition.
Most likely you had an injury already coming on and the fall just put it over the top.
The injury will never heal, or heal correctly, until you get things back in place and moving. Until you do, the misalignment is pulling the healing surface apart in your back so they CANNOT heal. Think of it like a deep cut that requires stitches to hold the skin together until it heals.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...