Article 3 (universal Declaration of Human Rights)

Every human being has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Clearly each country that permits abortion is in direct violation of Article 3
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2008
Experienced User
thank you. obviously, you understand that better than lost of people.

when they say its my body they forget the body NOT theirs inside theirs.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 19th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
One still has the right to control one's body even when another body has attached to it. The zef attaching to the woman's uterus doesn't negate her right to determine what happens to her own body. Not even if it means the death of a parasitic human organism.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 19th, 2008
Experienced User
You know, if there was a way to take out a 6 week embryo from my body without killing it, go right ahead. But since that embryo is dependent on MY BODY, that's not possible. Take it out for all I care, I just don't want to have to care for it with MY BODY.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Human Rights
Gu£st wrote:
Article 3 (universal Declaration of Human Rights)

Every human being has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Clearly each country that permits abortion is in direct violation of Article 3


flags

Article Three is that "Everyone has the right to life, liberty, and security of person."

http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

Careful there, Guest.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2008
Community Volunteer
semantics...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
homerx wrote:
semantics...





Accuracy. Very Happy
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
That post is not showing. I wrote,

Accuracy. Very Happy
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
So the right to life means that any threat to my life...I can get rid of.
So the right to liberty means that any attempt to take away my freedom of choice...is not allowed. Any attempt to subjugate or enslave me to some other creature violates my right to liberty.
So the right to security of my person means that I can eliminate any threat I perceive to me person.

Seems straightforward. Good one.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Article 3.
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 4.
No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Everyone has the right to life but by article 4 no one slavery is also wrong why should woman become a slave to something else....

You just broke article #4
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Human Rights
Birch wrote:
Gu£st wrote:
Article 3 (universal Declaration of Human Rights)

Every human being has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Clearly each country that permits abortion is in direct violation of Article 3


flags

Article Three is that "Everyone has the right to life, liberty, and security of person."

http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html


Article 1 says:

Article 1.

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Human Rights
aochriss wrote:
Birch wrote:
Gu£st wrote:
Article 3 (universal Declaration of Human Rights)

Every human being has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Clearly each country that permits abortion is in direct violation of Article 3


flags

Article Three is that "Everyone has the right to life, liberty, and security of person."

http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html


Article 1 says:

Article 1.

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.


Then by not allowing abortion they are in direct violation of more human rights, thats pretty sad.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 29th, 2008
Experienced User
I interpret that section different. I read it as, once Born, all humans are equal...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
cmyked wrote:
I interpret that section different. I read it as, once Born, all humans are equal...

That's the recognised interpretation. I do not have the energy to go into this at the moment (babies are tiring lol) but abortion is not a violation of any human right -regardless of pro-lifers opinions on this human rights are legal and so it isn't really up for debate (well you could but given they are established principles attempting to twist them to benefit the PL argument is somewhat pointless)
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 30th, 2008
Experienced User
Well, I believe the fetus is a human so it does have rights. However, before viability, its rights do not supercede those of the woman because she's the "host".
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 31st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
cmyked wrote:
Well, I believe the fetus is a human

of course it's human, what else would it be?!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 31st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Moo wrote:
cmyked wrote:
Well, I believe the fetus is a human

of course it's human, what else would it be?!


There is a difference between what cmyked said:
fetus is a human
and what Moo said:
fetus is human.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 31st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
cmyked wrote:
Well, I believe the fetus is a human so it does have rights. However, before viability, its rights do not supercede those of the woman because she's the "host".


What kind of rights are you speaking of? Because if you are referring to rights guaranteed U.S. citizens in the Constitution and Common Law, fetuses do not have any rights. You may believe they should have rights, which is perfectly fine, but it is incorrect to say that, "I believe the fetus is a human so it does have rights."
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 31st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
cmyked wrote:
I interpret that section different. I read it as, once Born, all humans are equal...


Why wouldn't it say, Once conceived, all human are equal?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 31st, 2008
Experienced User
aochriss wrote:
cmyked wrote:
Well, I believe the fetus is a human so it does have rights. However, before viability, its rights do not supercede those of the woman because she's the "host".


What kind of rights are you speaking of? Because if you are referring to rights guaranteed U.S. citizens in the Constitution and Common Law, fetuses do not have any rights. You may believe they should have rights, which is perfectly fine, but it is incorrect to say that, "I believe the fetus is a human so it does have rights."


What kinds of rights are you speaking of?
The right to life primarily. Also, the right to health. That's all a fetus needs, life and health.

Yes, in my mind, the fetus is A human being. No matter what age; from the moment of fertilization it is A unique human being, a member of our species Homo Sapiens.

And honestly as I think about it, "All men are created equal" is what I remember the passage being, not "born equal".
|
Did you find this post helpful?