Is it possible to give a partner genital hsv by performing oral sex on him/her if I am infected with oral hsv; then I contract genital hsv by having sex with my partner after he/she has contracted genital hsv from me orally?
My partner and I have been monogamous for a year and we are trying to figure out how we contracted genital hsv when I am the only one who had it and it was only oral hsv. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2015
Experienced User
Hello,

Yes, unfortunately that is how it happens. I imagine this is causing stress and suspicion. Oral HSV1 can be transmitted easily to women, even without a cold sore. Especially where it's been within the year that she may have gotten, she would have genital HSV1, and you could have then caught it genitally from her.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....