Hey, recently posted a question to find out a reason for me getting pain during sex but in the last 24 developd a cold sore on my lip. its like little bubbles but they went away in a few hours then its just trned into a smooth bump on my lip. could this definetly be HSV1? is it really something to be worried about having? & could this be one of the reasons i experienced the pain during intercourse?
any suggestions will be appreciated, thank you x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
If the cause for a painful intercourse is infection with herpes, you should feel the entire genital area very tender or painful, even when you don't have sex.
You may have flu-like symptoms including fever, headache, and swollen lymph nodes, too.
Before getting the sores, first, you'll notice itching or pain, than sores will appear a few hours to a few days later.
Genital herpes can cause sores inside the vagina and at the cervix, that may cause pain during sex.
The lesions you have on your lips, could be an oral herpes, and the same virus could be transmitted to the genital area.
STD's affecting genital organs (vagina, cervix, tubes), and urinary tract infections, can trigger painful intercourse.
I think you should make a complete examination for all STD's (candidiasis, chlamydia, trichomonas),including herpes!
Condition known as endometriosis and ovarian cysts should be take into consideration when searching for cause of painful intercourse.

Best wishes!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....